Coronavirus CODIV-19: Preventive measures and Business Continuity Plan
Coronavirus COVID-19: Preventive measures and Business Continuity Plan
Dear clients, partners and suppliers,
Owing to the public health situation in France (Coronavirus Covid-19), SGT has put in place due diligence measures, measures to protect its employees and a business continuity plan.
We require all our employees to follow the hygiene-related instructions recommended by the French government. Namely:
- Not shaking hands with anyone;
- Washing one’s hands very regularly and use hand sanitizer;
- Sneezing and coughing into one’s elbow and avoid close contact with others;
- Using tissues;
- Wearing a mask if one is ill.
We have also taken due diligence measures intended for visitors, asking them to follow the same health rules as our employees.
We have reviewed our procedure for cleaning our premises and adapted it to the situation.
Travel for work purposes, training sessions, meetings or mass gatherings are suspended until further notice. We now prioritize meetings by videoconference.
We have also anticipated the potential repercussions on our production and our ability to honour our clients’ orders:
- We have enough raw materials in stock for production purposes at least until the end of May;
- We have built up a stock of packaging items for which we have only one source of supply;
- We have ascertained that our suppliers have taken due diligence and precautionary measures.
- We can adjust the number of presses to match our staffing levels and transfer our production to our second French site;
- We can call in temporary staff;
- We may have recourse to overtime;
- We can reorganize our staff into teams each working in a 5 eight-hour shift pattern;
- We can postpone leave.
- We have enabled remote access rights for our office staff on our IT systems so that they can work from home.
Our measures may well evolve according to latest developments and government directives.
Thank you for your continued confidence in us, we are counting on your cooperation.
All the news
With SGR, SGT materializes its commitments to sustainable development
Last November, Société Générale des Techniques (SGT) inaugurated its new site at Chalon-Sur-Saône in the east of France, which includes a preforms manufacturing plant (the Group's 5th) and a plastics recycling unit: the SGR. The recycled PET produced by this new unit has been baptized CIRPET.See article